Needless to say, his increased hours are cutting into my free time, but I can't complain. Training is rough, but it won't always be this way. In fact, we learned today that he'll be in training for two more weeks and then...he'll have his very own sales route. This is BIG NEWS, since he's been in position-lingo since signing on, aware that he may be working in the warehouse indefinitely until a route becomes available. Five days into the job, and he has a route!! A route means more flexibility in hours (after he's finished training, of course), his own company truck, and more money, since he'll earn commission off of his stores. His new route is no slouch, either - several grocery stores, lots of convenience stores, but I'm excited that he has Sam's Club and Target. Big sellers = probability of good commissions. Yes, I'm thrilled - and even more so since he's truly enjoying his new job. I can't tell you what a welcome change that is!
Anyway, the newfound lack of free time (during normal waking hours, at least) is the reason why I didn't get around to my next review and giveaway until now. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. Do you remember this picture from last weekend?
This is my brand new, wonderfully pink cosmetic case from miss lucy's monograms! (Miss Lucy herself is an adorable little black pup who you simply must meet - just click on her about me page to learn all about her...and her faithful owner, Debbie, too. I just love supporting a small business, and especially one with such an adorable namesake!)
So, my bag! Milly immediately christened it "the Minnie Mouse bag", and it's not hard to see why. If it were red instead of pink, it would be spot on...er, no pun intended. It's pink and polka-dotted and shiny and just perfect in its girliness - something that I'm surrounded by every day, but don't splurge on very often for myself. (If you tend toward the less in-your-face-girly, this case is also available in black/white and brown/white polka dots.)
Inside the case...
See the Pearberry lotion lying in the bottom there? That's a full sized number from Bath & Body Works - yes, I love it, but I mainly threw that in to show you guys how roomy this case is! It measures 8.5" x 6.5" x 6", which is plenty large enough for all of your makeup, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush...all of the essentials! There are handy pockets on the back and side, with loops on the other side to help hold things in place. Nifty little looped pockets inside the lid are meant to hold makeup brushes, but since I'm not a big user of makeup brushes, I use it to hold lip gloss, concealer, even a small bottle of perfume. As you can see, I have quite a bit stored in my Minnie Mouse bag already, and there's still plenty of room for more.
There are only two problems you're going to run into when shopping at miss lucy's.
1) Choosing what to buy. Everything is so stinking cute! And she does have everything that you could possibly monogram - bags for your makeup, laundry, laptop, diapers, and books, baby and bridal gifts, towels, aprons, Bible covers - I mean everything, and I'd happily accept one of each. I've got a wish list as long as my arm!
2) Once you finally decide what you want - and assuming that you want it monogrammed, since monograms are free - you have to decide on a monogram style. Will you go with classic or curly or boxy or your full name or your name overlapped with an initial or or or or... And once you have THAT down, there's still a font and a thread color to choose. AHHH, the choices!!
If you survive the process, there's some relief in knowing that your item will a) be gorgeous and b) arrive really quickly. Unpacking my box was like unwrapping a gift from Lucy, complete with tissue paper and a darling raffia bow tied to the handle with care instructions. I just loved the attention to detail - you just don't get that from big companies!
Yes, I am a big, big fan of miss lucy's monograms now. I think this wallet has my name on it next, and it's on sale too - as are LOTS of her items right now. Be sure to check them out!
Now that you're ready to go shopping...how would like a little spending money to use at her site?!
Prize: Miss Lucy has generously offered one lucky blog reader a $20 gift certificate (emailed as a coupon code) to her store (merchandise only; shipping is extra.)
To enter: There's a two-part mandatory entry for this one! First, visit Miss Lucy's site and sign up for her newsletter (look near the bottom of the left column.) Then, "like" Miss Lucy on Facebook. There, that wasn't so bad, was it? Leave me a comment to let me know that you're all done, and that's your entry! As always, please be sure to leave your email address with your comment so I can contact you if you win.
That's the mandatory entry, but here are some ways to earn extra entries as well. Each one is worth one additional entry unless otherwise noted; please leave one comment per entry, and don't forget your email address!
- Look around miss lucy's monograms and tell me what you'd buy with your $20!
- Tell me something you learn from Miss Lucy's site that I didn't get around to in my review!
- Follow June Cleaver Would Be Shocked via GFC.
- "Like" June Cleaver Would Be Shocked on Facebook. (+2)
- Follow me on Twitter. (+2)
- Snag my button (top right of this page) and add it to your blog. Leave a link in your comment! (+3)
- Blog about this giveaway and leave me a link! (+2)
- Tweet about this giveaway - may be done once per day.
- Subscribe to this blog via email - just look near the top right for that too. :)
- Comment on another of my posts (let me know which one!)
That's it! Happy shopping, and good luck! :)