Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Daughter Is My Role Model (Spiritual Sunday)

Saturday was a red-letter day for my oldest daughter - she had been invited for a sleepover at the home of her dearest friend. She worries about this friend sometimes, since her family doesn't go to church. I've overheard her praying for her friend, and even talking to her about God when she's playing at our house.

So yesterday, I left it up to Rachael to pack her bag for her sleepover...her being 7 1/2 and all the laundry being clean. I checked on her a while later to find her little red backpack crammed to overflowing, and suggested that she move her things into a larger pink bag instead. And when I checked to make sure she had everything she needed, this is what I found:


Yes, I was a little surprised - she wasn't planning on going to church during her stay, and that would have probably been the only thing that would remind me to pack my Bible when I was seven years old.

But after the initial surprise came joy...my daughter, without prompting, packed her Bible for a sleepover. Wouldn't that warm any mother's heart?

She's such a good role model. I'm reminded so often of how much I have to learn from her.

"Verily I say unto you, except ye...become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."  Matthew 18:3

(A big THANKS for stopping by to my Spiritual Sunday friends!!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this. What a precious daughter you have. She is a role model for sure. Thank you for sharing this.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete