Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday 9

Time again for the Saturday 9! Let me knock these out before I start the real fun of cleaning my messy house.

1) Have you ever lost a lover and spent way too much time wondering what they were doing?

First of all, I detest the word "lover." It triggers my gag reflex the way that some girls can't stand the word "panties." Anywho. Yes, I have given too much thought to the possible/probable activities of significant others from my recent past, back in the day when I had significant others in my recent past. Haven't had any of those in a good long while, so I can't say that they've troubled my thoughts lately.

2) What was your favorite vacation ever?

That would have been DisneyWorld in September 2007. Despite the fact that it was barely-not-summer-any-more in Florida and I was seven months pregnant with Milly, we had a blast. Gene and Rachael had never been to Disney before, and it was almost as much fun watching Gene as it was to see Rachael's little face light up at every turn. I'm quite bummed that our original plan to go again this December didn't work out...I was so hoping to spend Milly's 4th birthday there. :(

3) Do you like surprises? If yes, what kinds? Or are you one of those people who absolutely has to know what's going on before it happens?

I don't mind little surprises - gifts and whatnot. But if it's something involving attention being centered on me (parties, showers, etc.) I must know that it's coming. Not every detail, of course, but don't just spring something like that on me.

4) Have you ever written a poem? Feel free to share one. Or even a dirty limerick is OK.

There once was a girl from Nantucket... Okay, I used to write quite a bit of angsty poetry in middle/high school. Nothing that I remember exactly, or am willing to go and try to dig out of whatever box in the storage building that it may be hiding in. None of my writing has seen daylight in over a decade.

5) Did anything interesting show up in your mail lately besides the bills?

YES! Several things, actually. The adorable cupcake headbands that you'll find in the very next post down (go and win one for yourself already!) as well as something cool that will be featured and given away in my next giveaway. You'll just have to wait to find out what that is. (Hint: If you own an e-reader, you'll want to stop back by.) Also, lots and lots of books for our new school year, which starts on Monday. (If you happen to be a homeschooler, stop by my homeschool blog sometime to see what's up.)

6) How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now? Family members don't count.

I hate these questions, because I always feel like I'm leaving someone out. I would say that I've had two friends who I was really, really close to for more than ten years - but only one of which I still see/talk to on a regular basis. Current friends that will still be important in ten years...I refuse to name names, but I can think of five off the top of my head that I hope will still be in my life ten years from now. We all have vital, although varying, things in common that I'd hate to lose. (Okay, okay, stephaniecathytracikristenchandres. Happy?! Now, comment if I left you out and you're mad at me...)

7) Do you own a pet? If so, do you buy them presents for holidays? Do you consider your pet(s) spoiled? If you don't own one, do you think you will one day?

We have a dog. He's huge and stinky and drools a lot, and is basically dumb as a bag of hammers, although he can fetch like a fiend. (Mama was a Lab, so I guess it's just genetic.) He turned one back in April and got a nice bone for his birthday. Santa brought him a bag of dog treats last year. But he's not really spoiled...heck, he's not even allowed in the house any more because he's so, so stinky. And that tail hurts when he hits you with it.

8) It's Friday afternoon and you're planning your weekend. What's on your agenda on a hot August night?

My only two standard weekend activities are church and grocery shopping. I'm a barrel of excitement, aren't I? WHEE!! On a really good weekend, we'll have my dad and stepmom over for dinner and a game of Phase Ten, wherein I invariably get mad at Gene because I know he cheats; I just can't figure out how.

9) What's your worst nervous habit?

Picking at my fingernails. I've never bitten them, but I'm forever picking at them - and now Milly has started doing it too. I have warped a new generation.

Who is currently sitting on the steps having a three-year-old tantrum because I'm not letting her watching a movie while she's not picking up her toys the way that she was asked...so I should attend to that. Happy Saturday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have discovered you through LBS. First, I love your blog's name. Hilarious. I also really like this post of random thoughts. My favorite line is your dog is as dumb as a bag of hammers. So descriptive. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you stopped by today! It's fun to meet other home schooling moms and doulas! I'm following now, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete