Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blue

Ever have one of those days where nothing really goes wrong, but it all feels wrong anyway?

And it kind of feels like nothing will ever be any better?

Yeah, that's the kind of day I've had.


Everything seems to be just hunky-dory for everyone else, and I'm glad...I just need to rediscover my own personal happy.

No one seems to be pointing it out to me. Must be a DIY thing.


One thing that does always make me feel better is music...either my custom stations on Pandora (how I adore that site!) or K-LOVE. In fact, it's pretty rare that I listen to K-LOVE and don't hear something that speaks to exactly what I'm feeling at the moment.

I heard two such songs this evening on my way to and from Zumba:

"When every step is so hard to take
And all of my hope is fading away
When life is a mountain that I can not climb
You carry me...Jesus, carry me.

You are the strength in my weakness
You are the refuge I seek
You are everything in my time of need
You are everything I need."

(Listen on YouTube: Everything I Need by Kutless)

And:

"I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy, won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
For the both of us.

'Cause I'm broken
Down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God
And You are strong
When I am weak...

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough."

(Listen on YouTube: Strong Enough by Matthew West)

No comments:

Post a Comment