Saturday, September 3, 2011

What's this about a holiday?

I hear tell that this weekend is special, for some reason. A holiday. The end of summer. People going to the pool, going on vacation, having a long weekend. None of that here, though - Gene worked today and he'll work again on Monday. Just another "weekend", such as it were.

Today was special for another reason, though. My Milly's best friend turned four! We celebrated with her at a princess party this afternoon, and my girls (along with six other princesses) had a blast.


Check out that fancy pink tablecloth! There were even candlesticks, plus balloons and streamers - it was all very pink and pretty. The girls had a great time playing in a castle tent, hunting for dragon eggs, blowing bubbles, dressing up in all sorts of princessy attire. Plus a pair of leopard print pants that weren't princessy, but were kind of hilarious.

Their family is so dear to us, and I love celebrating birthdays with them. How neat is it that my girls' best friends are also sisters? Rachael and Sophie were best friends from the time they met, before they were even two years old. A few years later, Sophie's mom and I each had another baby girl, only three months apart. Milly and Annika really had no choice but to be good friends as well.

So now that Annika is four, we're on a slippery slope to Milly's fourth birthday. I hate to even consider it...this, from the child who was supposed to stay a baby.

Happy Pink Saturday to my blogger friends...and wishing all of my readers a fun-filled Labor Day! (I'll be spending mine cleaning the house. Yep.)

* * * * *
How about a Saturday 9?

1) Has anyone ever intentionally ripped you off? Or perhaps unintentionally?
Oh yes. Intentionally and unintentionally, I'm sure. Who hasn't experienced this...monetarily, emotionally, and in a host of other ways?

2) When was the last time that you made a quip that fell completely flat and embarrassed you?
I guess it's been a while, because I really don't remember.

3) When you go to sleep, does it you need to be absolutely quiet or do you need a little noise (radio, TV, music or white)?
It doesn't really matter - I usually prefer quiet, but noise doesn't bother me much. Gene has to have a fan pointed at him in order to sleep, and that irritates me since the thing sounds like a jet engine. But soft noise doesn't keep me from sleeping, and is even nice sometimes.

4) Do you have a memorable "ripped clothing" moment in your life? No? How about in someone else's?
Wow, I must live a boring life, because I really don't. The few times I've managed to rip my own clothing, I've done it in the privacy of my own home. The worst I've done in "public" happened when I worked in an office - I had a favorite long, lavender skirt that I wore to work, and I constantly rolled over the hem of it with my desk chair. It did eventually rip, but only on the hem...no big embarrassment, and a pretty easy fix.

5) What's changed on your blog since its inception? ...a redo? ...a change of pace? ...or is it still business as usual?
Not much has changed since I've blogged as JCWBS - maybe a change of background, adding to buttons, etc. (Although I have ideas for sprucing up that I intend to implement as soon as I learn how!) I originally started blogging on Xanga, though, and tried Typepad and Wordpress too before I landed on Blogger. Definitely like Blogger best.

6) Can you remember where you were in life ten years ago? If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be?
Oh, that's an easy one. In September 2011, I was still a newlywed. Gene and I had been married for five months. I had a good job that I mostly enjoyed; we lived in a tiny house that I loved anyway, because it was the first one that was MINE (and then OURS.) I had two kitties (Samantha and Church), and a dog (Brittney), and I still miss them. My grandma was still living. If I could go back and whisper something to myself ten years ago, it would be to spend every possible second with her, because she'd be gone in just two short months.

7) Okay, let's have it! What's the craziest, most impulsive thing you've ever done?
I'm not a crazy, impulsive person. (It would be fun to be, though!) The only thing that comes immediately to mind is the evening when I was out with Gene and his best friend...not having anything else to do, we decided to go to the beach. And back. In one night. Even though it's a good four plus hour drive. But I was young, we were in a convertible, and it was pretty great.

8. If you were having a bad day what or who would you turn to for comfort?
Chocolate, my Bible, K-LOVE (contemporary Christian station) on the radio. The order varies. Sometimes Gene, depending on his mood and schedule.

9) According to the song White Rabbit, "one pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small". If you were offered these pills today, which pill would you take and where would it take you?
Oh, no question...I'd grab the pill that makes you small, and I'd go clothes shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Sweeties! My "little" Selah just turned 5 last week! Wish they could stay babies...but if I kept having babies, and they all stayed babies...well that would be a lot of babies! (and...there would be no hand-me-downs! :)

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete