Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude 2011: Day Fourteen

When my friend sent me an email asking me to host a party for her new Scentsy business, I was less than thrilled. I had never even heard of Scentsy, and I haaaaated those parties. But I hadn't done one in forever, so maybe people would come, and I did want to help her get started...so I did. I had a party.


And about two-thirds of the way through the party, I was already pretty sure that I'd be signing up myself.


I did - in March 2010 - and I have been grateful for Scentsy ever since.

I had done the home party thing in the past - twice, actually - and sworn that I would never do that again. I'm so glad I took a chance on this one, though! It's turned out to be a nice little side income (not mega bucks, mind you, but it sure is helpful to have spending money once in a while) for very little work. In fact, I do more "basket parties" than anything - in which my hostess takes a bag full of samples, catalogs, and order forms, and collects her own orders - and those require pretty much no work on my part. Get the bag to her, get it back from her, put the orders into the computer, earn commission. Um, yes, I can certainly live with that.


I've done more home parties in the past month than I've done in the past year, and I'm starting to enjoy them more as well. Although I typically don't enjoy speaking in front of people that I don't know well, I've met some of the nicest people through my parties. I am grateful for them, and for the church friends that got the latest round of parties rolling.


Scentsy is helping (a LOT) with Christmas this year, and helping to pay for me and Rachael to accompany our Girl Scout troop to D.C. next summer - all while meeting new people (when I choose to) and enjoying a product that I truly love. Can't beat that!

(Shameless plug: if you'd like to know more about Scentsy, visit my website!)


No comments:

Post a Comment