Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude 2011: Day One

I've been mentally composing a blog post throughout my day. In it, I was going to whine and complain about how terrible things seem lately. How tired I am. How overextended. I was going to rant about the people that have been on my nerves lately, about Gene's new work hours, about the foul attitudes my children have exhibited of late. Yep, I was gonna let it aaaaaaall out, and I was going to feel better for it.


But two things happened.


One, I sat down and opened Blogspot and realized that I was just too tired to expound on all of the above. Seriously, just dwelling on it all is enough to wear a person out.


Two, a new trend has popped up on Facebook today. I have more than a few friends participating in an experiment called "30 days of gratitude," in which they share one thing for which they are grateful per day in November. Goes along with Thanksgiving and whatnot. Most of them seem to be posting their thing-per-day on Facebook, but I thought it would be better suited for my blog, since I tend to be wordy.


Now, I'm not saying that I'm not going to complain this month. Oh, I am. Just let me get a good night's sleep and the rant-fest will commence. But who says I can't whine and be grateful in the same post? Nobody, that's who. Because this is my blog.


But for tonight, I will just begin by saying that:



...the family that keeps me awash in things to do. I am infinitely grateful for a good (albeit sometimes infuriating) husband, who loves his family and works hard to take care of us, and for the two beautiful girls that call me Mommy. I am humbled every day to realize that God entrusted them to me, which just goes to show that He has infinitely more confidence in me than I do in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment