Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude 2011: Day Two

If I continue my trend of blogging just before bedtime, maybe I never will feel like that full-on rant after all. I'll suffice it to say that something has been gnawing at me. Okay, several things, but one more prominently than the others.

Today being Wednesday, the girls and I headed to church earlier this evening. They went to their respective classrooms (Milly actually, willingly goes to her class now, which is nothing short of a miracle) and I headed off to my class. There are no Wednesday night worship services; rather, there are classes that run in 8-12 week "series," and you choose the class that appeals to you from each session. There are usually several that sound wonderful, and it's a hard choice. This session, though, was a no brainer - it was called Balancing Life's Demands, and was taught by Pastor Steve.



Tonight was the last class of this series, and I'm sad to see it end...but wow, what a last night. I sat there and heard exactly the words I needed to hear. For discipline. For uplifting. For inspiration. I'll share it all in a later post, but suffice it to say, my niggling "what do I do about this" prayers were answered directly tonight.


That's not an uncommon occurrence at Osborne Baptist, which is why on day two, I am thankful for my church.

If you've been reading my blog for a while - or are lucky enough to know me in person (haha) - then you know how I've been struggling in the church department for the past couple of years. Not with faith, but simply where to go. My husband and I have a "home" church - where we grew up, met, etc. - and the decision to seek out a new church was not an easy one. Feeling like a traitor to my "old" church, it took quite some time to "allow" myself to feel at home anywhere else. But I was fortunate to find one that I love, even though it is veeeeery different from what I was used to.

A wise woman has told me several times now that one needs a church where they are "fed" spiritually, and OBC does that for me. I can't tell you how many times I've had experiences just like the one tonight, where I walk in for a service or class and hear Scripture that applies directly to what's going on in my life at that time. I am so very grateful.

(My word, how many "quotes" can I use in one blog post?!)

Of course, it should go without saying that I am also (so, so) grateful that God loves ME enough that He sent his only son to die for ME...and for you. He has blessed me so many times, with a wonderful family and so much more. Without Him, the church itself would be just another building.

1 comment:

  1. You said: "my niggling "what do I do about this" prayers were answered directly tonight." Well, now I'm curious!!! Make sure and let me know when you write up that post that answers these mysterious questions... :)

    I agree that a good church is such a blessing! God puts us in different places at different times. A few years ago, we left a church that we'd gone to for almost 7 years and were very much involved with. It's still uncomfortable, sometimes, with certain people...but we feel much more at peace that we are where we need to be right now for our family.

    Anyway...hope you have a great weekend!

    If you haven’t done so already, I would like to invite you to participate in my weekend linkup. It involves anything related to homemaking: recipes, sewing, decorating, crafts, DIY, a story about what you did today, etc! There’s a button at the top of my sidebar you can grab to help you to remember to come back each week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete