Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude 2011: Day Twelve

I've gotten a little behind on being grateful, so let's catch up with the obvious "chaser" to my stepparent post...


I am, of course, terribly grateful for my Mom and Dad, whom I love very much.
Both of my parents are a special kind of crazy - but then, whose aren't? They both have quirks (most of which I seem to have inherited) and naturally, I've had ups and downs with both of my parents - but they have always, always been there for me, ready to bail me out and/or dispense sage advice (sometimes both, simultaneously.)


They taught me all of the important things I'd need to know to be a responsible adult someday - things such as never mix polka dots with plaid, a clean car runs better, cherish the gift of common sense (as it is very, very rare), and never pass up the opportunity for a good nap.






I was definitely blessed to have them as parents, but consider myself doubly blessed that I can now consider them both friends as well. Mom is a great shopping buddy (although she occasionally gets me in trouble by pointing out extra things that I absolutely need) and it's rare to talk to Dad on the phone for less than an hour. Mom is still the first person I call with news and complaints, and we love our ongoing Phase Ten tournament with Dad (who will not win this year) and my stepmom, Michele (who, knowing her, just might.)

No comments:

Post a Comment