Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wrapping up the 30 Days of Gratitude

Well, we all know that I'm a slacker. I never imagined it would be so hard to post just one teensy little thing that I'm thankful for, for thirty days in a row. I suppose the real problem is that I tend to be wordy, and therefore unable to post just one teensy little thing.


At any rate, I made it through twenty days out of thirty, and I'll wrap it up with a quick list here.


21. Air conditioning. We never had it when I was a kid, and I stayed with people who did have it as much as I possibly could. When I grew up, I was sure to marry a man who likes his home just as frigid as I do.
22. Electricity. I probably could have survived without it, but I'm glad I don't have to find out.
23. My van, despite the money that blows through its gas tank.
24. My friends, because I really do have some wonderful ladies in my life. I've probably mentioned them already, but they're worth one more.
25. The good sense to research important issues for myself, rather than blindly following the recommendations of others (however learned they may seem.) 
26. Ruffles, glitter, pink, and lace - because they remind me of my two biggest blessings.
27. Elwin, our Elf on the Shelf, who has become such a fun Christmas tradition. More about him later.
28. Reasonably good health. (I feel New Year's resolutions coming on already.)
29. My home. It's no palace, but I've lived here since I was a little kid, with just a few breaks in between. So many wonderful memories, and so many still to be made.
30. This blog - where I can procrastinate, vent, whine, use bad grammar, ramble pointlessly, and utterly mess up the HTML so that there's a ridiculous amount of space between lines (sorry about that), and it doesn't bother anybody but me.


So there you have it. Thirty things for which I am so very, very grateful.




And now, something for which I am not terribly grateful: the clock says 12:03 a.m., which means that it is officially December 7th here on the east coast. Today is my baby's last full day of being three. Tomorrow morning, before we even wake up (hopefully), she will be four. This does not please me. It beats the alternative, of course, but still...I have never handled my childrens' birthdays well, and this feels like no exception. Why must they grow up so quickly?!

No comments:

Post a Comment