Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Question Numero Uno

Okay, here's day #1 of my 30 days of questions. Just scroll down one post to see what I'm talking about - and comment to let me know if you're joining me! :)

First of all, a recent picture of myself. Although I HATE pictures of myself. I guess this one turned out okay, even though I forgot to remove sunglasses from head first.


And since she's practically my mini-me, here's the sweet little photographer that snapped the picture of me:


Love that kid. :) And now for 15 "interesting" facts about myself...

1. I am named after a person whom I have never met. She was a co-worker of my mom's, and they didn't keep in touch. At least it's only my middle name.

2. My first car was an '83 Chevy Blazer that literally broke down every time I drove it out of town. My stepdad eventually paid for vanity plates that said FIX&FIX, because that's all we ever did to it. (We gave one to our mechanic when we finally sold the thing.)

3. I love being a Scentsy consultant, even though I said I'd never sell anything again after trying and failing at two other home-party businesses. I regularly leave business cards in gas pumps after fueling up the mom-mobile. Makes me feel like a rebel. >:)

4. I live in the same house where I grew up, only now the master suite is mine. I still hate the walls in my old bedroom (not very girly), although at least now the carpet is better.

5. My second daughter was born in a pool in our living room. 9 lbs, 6 ozs and drug-free, baby! (Yeah, I'm a little proud of that one.)

6. I got sick once after eating taco salad, and have never been able to eat another one. Ditto to oysters. I had a close call with spaghetti, but managed to overcome. (Gene had a similar experience with tuna, which irritates me because I love tuna, but can't eat it around him.)

7. Our high school band marched in the Magic Music Days parade at DisneyWorld. It was April. We wore wool uniforms. It would've been pretty cool, except we were all sweating buckets and my hat kept falling into my eyes, so I really didn't get to see much of it.

8. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. For now, I'm perfectly, completely thrilled to be a full-time mom and a homeschooler...a "job" that should remain steady for at least the next fifteen years or so. After that - or maybe just when the girls are older - I think I'd like to study midwifery.

9. Here's one of my mom's brags on me: I read 500 books for a summer reading program at our local library during the summer before I started kindergarten. This brag was recently bested by my own child, who read more than 7000 pages for this summer's reading program.

10. Out of five super-wonderful friends that I would classify as "bests" over the course of my life to date, only one has not had a name/nickname beginning with the letter S.

11. I am an absolute night owl who would gladly stay up past 2 a.m. every night and sleep till 11 or so the following morning, if my darling family would allow me to adhere to such a schedule. They do not. So I try to go to bed at a more reasonable hour, knowing I'll be dragged out of it against my will no later than 8:30.

12. I'm still not sure whether I want more children. Gene is firmly against, but then, he didn't much want Milly either and is glad now that I insisted. ;) Some days I very much want one more, other days it sounds like a horrible idea. It mostly sounds like a horrible idea, until I get my hands on someone else's baby.

13. Gene and I have known each other for nearly our entire lives, since our families went to the same church. He was a big, disgusting bully with an ugly bowl haircut when I was little, and I detested the sight of him. Until I turned 16, and then he suddenly became cute.

14. I adore my minivan. ADORE it! I'll likely be one of those little old ladies driving a minivan just because. Old Gene will probably ride in the back so he can watch movies while I drive, since he doesn't get to do as much of that as he'd like at present.

15. I'm not very good at making "interesting facts" lists about myself, or even talking about myself in general, as I mostly consider myself to be rather uninteresting. (This seems to be confirmed by most people, which could simply be a product of my own low self-esteem issues.) But here it is, 15 things...perhaps interesting, definitely random. :)

2 comments:

  1. I do not think you are boring in the least bit. I love that I learned a few things about you! What is your middle name? And when you come out to visit me, we'll eat tuna together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gracie! My middle name is Lorraine. Don't love it, don't hate it, it just IS. I'll remind you about the tuna if I ever get there!

    ReplyDelete