Friday, August 27, 2010

Question #2

Okay...today's question is "the meaning behind your blog name."

Well, that's quite simple. Everyone knows who June Cleaver is. (Right?) She was the quintessential homemaker. You'd never find a speck of dirt on June's carpet. Her children were perfectly behaved at all times. She cooked amazing meals with perfectly-crusted apple pies for dessert, and she never had a hair out of place while managing it all.

Me? Between two children, a husband who works in a sawmill, and a giant dog, you'd be hard pressed some days to find a speck of carpet without dirt on it. My children behave okay in public, but they're like feral cats at home. I cook when I have to, but I don't enjoy it, and my meals are rarely as well-rounded as they should be. And the only way I can keep my hair in place is to throw it back into a ponytail...which I dare say June would have never considered.

So you see, she would be quite shocked if she were to walk into my house. The cleanliness doesn't come close to her standards...although I abide by the notion that my home is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. She would likely be enraged to find boxes of Hamburger Helper in the pantry, and would likely faint dead away to find me still in pajamas at 3 p.m.

And that is how my blog got its name. Not that she'll ever visit me, not that I'd want her to, not that she's even a real person. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment