Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness, Day Two

Today I am thankful that it is nearly bedtime.

I've been complaining a lot lately (maybe not publicly, but certainly in private, about how busy I am. 

This is not a good thing. 


I am absolutely not one to glorify "busy." Busy is no fun. And lately, I feel like I run and run and run and still manage to accomplish very little. I am frustrated with the running, and I am tired. How I love those rare, halcyon days when we have absolutely nowhere that we have to go, when we can stay in our pajamas and get schoolwork done and messes picked up and books read and naps taken. Did I mention that those days are rare?

And yet...I can be thankful for the busy-ness.

I'm thankful that I'm physically capable of going, going, going.

Mentally capable of keeping my to-do list fairly well together, and only forgetting a few things from time to time.

Financially capable of putting gas in the van, paying Girl Scout dues, traveling to alpaca shows.

I'm thankful for the people that are part of the places that keep me running - the church family that I love, the most amazing Girl Scouts in the history of ever, our 4-H friends, and the wonderful people I've met through my little photography business. (Oh, but all of those will be mentioned again this month...)

And mostly, I'm thankful that I AM MOMMY, and that I have a REASON to run.


No comments:

Post a Comment